Sports Premium Expenditure
At Lozells we firmly believe that all our children have the right to lead active, healthy fun lifestyles.
PE and Sport Premium 2021 - 2022
PE and Sport Premium 2020 - 2021
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
At Lozells our playtime and lunchtime breaks are a hive of activity with: cricket, football, basketball, skipping and much more!
We have a number of afterschool club and activities on – have a look at our timetable.
Our PE Coordinator leading on the use of our PE and Sports Premium Grant is Miss Wheeler.
We work with a variety of professional coaches who have a wide range of knowledge and experience including: Katie Driscoll's Dance Klass, Positive PE, KESSP and the Aston Villa Foundation.
Our teachers have valued the professional development they have given.
We are proud to have achieved the Silver School Games Mark in July 2022. Our children are working hard to be Healthy Advocates like Marcus Rashford! Being active and healthy is one of our important Curriculum Drivers.
At Lozells we are committed to providing opportunities for all children to engage in competitive sports. We have a children across the school engaging in a variety of competitions including: Multi-skills, Boccia, Girls Football, Boys Football, Gymnastics and even a Talent Show! Many of our competition opportunities are created through being a member of the King Edwards School Sports partnership.
Swimming is an important priority within our curriculum at Lozells not least as being able to self-rescue and swim competently saves lives. We are currently working to raise our children's swimming achievement and offer sessions for Year 6, Year 5 and Year 4.