Sports Premium Expenditure
At Lozells we firmly believe that all our children have the right to lead active, healthy fun lifestyles.
PE and Sport Premium 2019 - 2020
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
For the 2017 to 2018 academic year, there is a new condition requiring schools to publish how many pupils within their year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
At Lozells our playtime and lunchtime breaks are a hive of activity with: cricket, football, basketball, skipping and much more!
We have a number of afterschool club and activities on – have a look at our timetable.
Our PE Coordinator leading on the use of our PE and Sports Premium Grant is Mrs Sutherland – you might spot her teaching Netball after school!
We work with a variety of professional coaches who have a wide range of knowledge and experience including: Step 8, Aspire and Aston Villa.
Our teachers have valued the professional development they have given.
We are proud to have achieved the Bronze School Games mark. Our extra-curricular sports clubs timetable can be found on our website - there is always lots going on for all.
Some of our children attend a sports club several times a week!
At Lozells we are committed to providing opportunities for all children to engage in competitive sports. Look on Twitter for our latest updates – can you find our Gymnastics team led by specialist coach Corrie at the Aston School Sports partnership Games?
We know that our community values the opportunities we give our children to develop their swimming skills – we are fortunate to be able to walk down the road to access our local pool Newtown Baths. Check back soon to see how far our year 6 children can swim.